Money Advice and Financial Inclusion
Our Money Advice and Financial Inclusion Officer, Karen Auld, provides advice and assistance to help you take control of your money, deal with problematic debt and make informed choices regarding financial services and products. Speak to our adviser if you could benefit from any of the following:
• Advice and assistance managing debt.
• Help if you are being taken to court by a creditor.
• Help with your household budget or paying bills.
• Information on savings options and planning for future spending.
• Accessing affordable credit.
• Opening or using a bank account.
• Protecting your goods through Home Contents Insurance.
• Support with getting online, using IT equipment, benefiting from internet including getting better deals, social interaction, managing money and more.
Our Energy Adviser, Ronnie, Neil, who we contract from the Wise Gourp's Heat Service, is here to help with all issues relating to your home energy use. Understanding your electricity and gas costs can be hard and talking to your energy supplier when things go wrong can be even more difficult. Our adviser can help you to:
• Get the best deal for your electricity and gas.
• Manage energy accounts and/or switch supplier online.
• Understand your energy costs and bills.
• Lower your energy use to lower costs.
• Manage your heating system to suit your lifestyle.
• Arrange fuel debt repayment plans.
• Apply for grants to clear debt.
• Apply for the Warm Home Discount.
• Talk to your energy supplier with you or on your behalf.
• Stay warm, cosy and comfortable.